We are proud to announce that Holly Simmons has earned her Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license

Border 2

Salem Oregon, January 9, 2018

Doty Pruett Wilson CPAs is proud to announce that Holly Simmons has earned her Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license.

Holly earned her accounting degree from Oregon State University and worked as a financial statement auditor at an accounting firm in Portland, Oregon after graduating from Oregon State. Holly decided to move back to North East Oregon, where she grew up, to be near family.

In September 2014 she was hired at Doty Pruett Wilson and began her career in public tax accounting. She works with our estate and trust practice. She is also part of our real estate and agriculture practice. Having grown up on a farm, she has a special place in her heart for serving the ag community. When asked what she loves about her job Holly responded with, “I enjoy providing support to help small business owners be successful and pay as little tax as possible.”

Holly has traveled extensively and has a passion for adventure and seeing any new place. She also enjoys camping and outdoor activity, and is very involved in the lives of her six nieces and nephews.

Office Closure

Please be advised that our office will be closed the week of January 1 – 5; we will reopen on Monday, January 8. Inquiries submitted during the office closure will be processed in the order received upon our return.

If your need is urgent, please send an email to your accountant by visiting our website at https://dpwcpas.com/people/; their email address is available on their profile.

Adjustments in 2018 Cost of Living Announced

The IRS has released an updated cost of living for next year.

2018 Cost of Living Adjustments Announced

Holiday Drive in Support of Liberty House!

Presentation of 2017 1099 & W-2 Seminar

Note: the presentation will take a moment to load.

Presentation 2017 Updates on 1099’s & W2’s


Corporations & Limited Liability Companies
Corporate Officer Exclusion Form 2578
Employer, Employee, & Wages
Independent Contractors



We are proud to announce that Amy Jordan has earned her Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license

Border 2

Salem, Oregon, November 2, 2017- Doty Pruett Wilson CPAs is proud to announce that Amy Jordan has earned her Certified Public Accountant (CPA) license.

Amy graduated from Corban University where she majored in business management and accounting. She was blessed to begin her professional career at Doty Pruett Wilson in June 2012. An exuberant asset to the team, Amy has been involved in the Salem community through Chamber of Commerce Events and networking groups. She joined the Salem Young Professionals Leadership Team in 2014 and has been active ever since. In the office, she is part of the vineyard, winery, and brewery niche and thrives on helping clients achieve their business and tax goals.

Outside from work, Amy, along with her husband Robert, enjoys cooking, entertaining, kayaking, and backpacking throughout Oregon. She also is heavily involved in training and showing her two Pembroke Welsh Corgis in dog shows throughout the Northwest.

IRS has significantly increased reporting penalties for 1099s & W2s: Join us for our update class

Corporate Coffee of Oregon: It’s Your Turn!

Subcontractor vs. Employee: How to Determine Who Gets a 1099

Border 2

With the end of the year approaching, it is time to think about who you are paying and year end reporting.

Deciding whether a worker is an employee or a subcontractor is largely a question of who determines how the work gets done:

  • If you (the employer) determines – then you probably have an employee. You tell the employee where, when, and how to complete the work.
  • If the worker determines – then you probably have a subcontractor. The contractor completes the project per your specifications, but does so by their schedule, has their own tools, and most likely does the same kind of work for others.Once you decided that you have a subcontractor working for you, how do you determine who needs a 1099? When you hire an individual or business under contract, you should give the contractor a Form W-9. This will provide you with their entity type and other pertinent information. In general, a 1099 should be prepared for any individual or unincorporated business that is paid $600 or more during the calendar year.

Proceed with caution when deciding whether to classify a worker as a subcontractor or an employee. Misclassifying has financial and tax implications for you (penalties for failing to pay employment taxes and/or for failing to file required tax forms).

Please call us at (503) 362-9152 if you need help with this

Corporate Coffee of Oregon: They Are Our Kids!

Privacy PolicyTerms Of ServiceCookie Policy